Stepping into foster care is a significant decision, and it can be intimidating. We’re here to walk with you through this journey.
You are not alone.
Review the steps below to walk through the process of becoming a foster parent.
Step 1: Find out More
- Orientations Training link
- Fill out the form below and Every Child will send you relevant information tailored to you
- Baker, Union, and Wallowa Counties DHS Child Welfare Contacts
Step 2: Make the Decision
- Reasons you might make a good foster parent
- Recommended Reading: No Sugar-Coating: The Coffee Talk you Need About Foster Parenting
Step 3: Attend Training
- About the Certification training called Foundations
- Sign up for local training
- Sign up for virtual statewide training (more openings and flexibility)
Step 4: Application
- Submit your application:
- Email your application to Debbie Hale: email@example.com
- Or mail to: Baker Child Welfare ATTN: Debbie Hale 3165 10th St. Baker City, OR 97814
READY TO MOVE FORWARD, OR NEED MORE INFO?
Every Child can help you get started with step one by filling out the form below and they will connect you to the right person